By: Christine Des Garennes URBANA — A junior from Chicago has been elected as the first African-American student body president at the University of Illinois. Damani Bolden, who will be installed as president of the Illinois Student Senate next week, said a love of politics drove him to run for the position. "It's just something I was born ...
Book of the Week
Define Yourself, Redefine the World: A Guided Journal for Black Boys & Men
The BlackManCan Awards
The BlackManCan Institute
Recent Stories, Features and Articles
- His Story: Thoughts of a Morehouse Man
- Positive Black Male News: Man refuses to let disability hamper ability to teach
- His Story: Dear Thurgood Marshall Jr, Why Are You On The Board Of Directors For CCA?
- Positive Black Male News: Morehouse grads ‘proud’ to witness historic Obama commencement speech
- Positive Black Male News: Father, son to graduate Morehouse College together
Black Men in America#BlackEdu Academic Excellence art Black Boys Black History Black Male Teachers Black Men Brother 2 Brother Business Church Dads Education entrepreneurship Excellence in Education Exquisite Women Fashion Film HBCU Health and Wellness Hero Hip Hop Hip Hop Truth Initiatives for Change Law League of EXTRAOrdinary Black Men Marketing Mentor Mentoring music NBA NFL philanthropy Politics Positive Progressive Voices Role Models Servant Leader Sister 2 Sister Social Conscious Sports Style technology The Village Well-Dressed Youth